The holidays are a time to enjoy ourselves, the company of friends and family, and our favorite comfort foods. With these healthy, holiday recipes you can rest assured that you aren’t sacrificing flavor for health. Full of all-natural ingredients, these recipes are sure to please even the pickiest family members!
1 large head cauliflower
5 large garlic cloves
Sea salt to taste
2 tbs. organic butter or ghee
1 tbs. fresh chives
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Chop cauliflower into large chunks.
2. Steam until soft (able to smash with a fork)
3. Add butter/ghee and salt
4. Blend until smooth with hand mixer
5. Top with chives and black pepper.
1 can 14oz can organic pumpkin puree
1 c almond flour
¼ c almond milk
3 organic eggs+ 1 egg yolk
¼ cup local honey
¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 cup water
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cloves
½ tsp cardamom
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F (if you’re making your pie right after making the crust, just reduce the temperature).
2. Combine almond flour, eggs, honey and maple syrup and blend for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth, add almond milk slowly. It is very important to blend until completely smooth, otherwise your custard will be watery.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined.
4. Pour into cooled organic pie shell (doesn’t need to be room temperature, just cool enough to touch). Spread the top out evenly with a spatula.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
Description – Brussels sprouts are cruciferous vegetables that have endless health benefits, roasting vegetables with healthy fats like oils and nuts will bring out the best flavor enjoy the taste and healthy benefits of this side.
Prep time -10 min.
Cook Time – 18-28 min.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb Brussels sprouts cut in half
1 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
1 medium apples, finely chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs. chopped pecans
1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp dried sage
½ tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, onions, apples, vinegar, salt and pepper to a bowl and stir well.
3. Pour mixture into a baking dish.
4. Bake at 400 for 12-18 minutes.
5. While Brussels are roasting, mix pecans, vinegar and herbs in a small bowl.
6. Remove Brussels from oven and add pecans to baking dish. Stir well.
7. Return to oven for an additional 6-10 minutes.
12 ounces sprouted grain bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
9 ounces organic chicken or turkey sausage
5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 cups chopped organic onion
1 ¼ cups sliced fennel bulb
1 ¼ cups chopped carrot
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
5 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 cups chopped Golden Delicious apple
2 teaspoons honey
1 ½ cups organic chicken broth
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until golden, stirring after 8 minutes. Place in a large bowl.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Coat pan with coconut oil. Add sausage to pan; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add sausage to bread.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 3 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic). Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables to sausage mixture.
5. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add apple and sugar; sauté 5 minutes or until apple caramelizes, stirring occasionally. Add to the sausage mixture.
6. Combine broth and eggs in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to sausage mixture; toss well to combine.
7. Spoon sausage mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with coconut oil. Cover with foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover dish; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned and crisp.
These recipes with be featured in the Queens Chronicle. Check back for the link.
Dr. Kantor’s greatly anticipated new children’s book, The Green Box League of Nutritious Justice, is now available. Be sure to order this highly reviewed book, filled with healthy living tips for the whole family. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network.