American’s gain about 5-7 pounds during the holidays. It can be prevented with these tips that Dr. Kantor shard with WGTS Radio. We gain weight during the holidays because we change our routines and eat different foods. The biggest thing we need to do is to enjoy the holidays, but to try and stay within your normal routines as much as possible.
Here are a few simple tips:
- Don’t starve yourself before a big meal. Have a normal healthy breakfast and lunch, and you won’t be as likely to binge and overindulge.
- Drink plenty of water – half your body weight in ounces per day. Many confuse thirst with hunger, and eat when they really are just dehydrated.
- Have cocktails in moderation, use lower calories mixers like soda water and drink a glass of water in between drinks.
- Continue to exercise, and if possible take a walk after a big meal.
- Enjoy everything that you love, but take smaller portions of everything.
With these tips you can enjoy the holidays, without having major regrets on January 1st.
Dr. Kantor’s greatly anticipated new children’s book, The Green Box League of Nutritious Justice, is now available. Be sure to order this highly reviewed book, filled with healthy living tips for the whole family. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network.