We are going to say loyal to our local team and keep the game day spread all black and red! Go Falcons!
Falcon Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Bruschetta
* Recipe modified and picture from our friends at www.bettycrocker.com
Prep Time? 20?MIN
Total Time? 20?MIN
- 1 can (14.5 oz) organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from a jar or roasted in oven)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1-tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup soft goat cheese (4 oz)
- 24 slices (1/2 inch thick) wheat baguette (about 8 oz), toasted
- 1-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, olives, roasted peppers, basil and oil.
- Spread goat cheese onto toasted baguette slices. Top with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic. Serve immediately.
Falcon Chocolate Covered Strawberries
* Photo credit www.foodnetwork.com
Prep & Cook 15 min.
Serves 6-10 people
- 1 container fresh strawberries washed
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in double boiler or microwave till melted approximately 60 seconds. (Be careful not to burn)
- Dip berries into chocolate and lay on lined tray and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes till chocolate hardens.
Falcon Black Bean Tomato Chili
*photo credit www.eatingwell.com
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey meat
- 1 whole chopped onion
- 3 Tbs. chili powder
- 3 Tbs. cumin
- 3 Tbs. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, chili powder, and cumin powder
- Stir occasionally so onion doesn’t burn
- Add one-pound ground lean meat and cook until no longer pink
- Add tomatoes and beans
- Stir and continue to heat for approximately 1-hour
- Add additional seasoning if desired