These healthy recipes will be featured on Askmen.com.
Asparagus Penne Pasta
A simple pasta dish packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and simple ingredients.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
1 lb whole wheat or gluten free penne or rigatoni pasta
1 tbs. olive oil
¼ c olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook chicken breast cubes in pot over medium heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil all the way through. Add asparagus and “roast” with chicken breast till it turns slightly green. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add water to pan and cook penne as directed on box.
3. Drain and add chicken and asparagus to combine over medium heat.
4. Pour into 9×13 pan and top with Parmesan cheese and bake in oven on 350 for 5 min. or until cheese melts and turns golden. Serve immediately and enjoy!
5 Ingredient Chili
A simple meal that is easy to combine and packed with protein, fiber and nutrition.
1 lbs. ground beef or turkey
3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (black beans, kidney beans)
1 c diced onion
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1. In a large stockpot, cook ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the onion is cooked and softened.
Turn a boring burger into a spicy exotic burger with just a few simple ingredients.
1 lbs ground beef or turkey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 jalapenos, sliced
¼ cup plain whole wheat bread crumbs
pinch of paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients together in large bowl and mold mixture into 4 burgers. Serve bun less or on bun with lettuce, red onion, avocado, tomato, pickle, and mayo!
Dr. Kantor’s greatly anticipated new children’s book, The Green Box League of Nutritious Justice, is now available. Be sure to order this highly reviewed book, filled with healthy living tips for the whole family. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Children’s Miracle Network.